Simplifying Your Divorce Matters
Simple Divorce understands the emotional and financial impact that a matrimonial matter can have on you and your family’s life. Mix in the legal complexities involved in dealing with such matters and it can become very overwhelming.
During such a sensitive time the expertise of a family and divorce lawyer becomes essential to assist with the variety of issues that arise in family law. No matter how simple or complex your matter is, we can help. We have helped thousands of people over the years and have the expertise to get the job done. Rest assured that you are dealing with a real law firm and not some online service with remote offices. We are open 6 days a week and offer free consultations to all potential clients. So what are you waiting for? Book a free consultation today by giving us a call or filling out the form.
Uncontested Divorce Fee
Legal fee for Application Preparation and Initial Consultation – $300
- Preparation of the entire divorce application for a simple or joint divorce application
Legal fee for Processing, Serving and Management – $499
- Filing your application with the court
- Arranging service of your spouse by regular mail
- Communicating with the court if any issues arise with your file
- Please note that this fee only includes service on your spouse via regular mail. Additional fees may apply if personal service is required, or if your spouse is evading service or is missing.
Mandatory Court Fee – Please note that our fee is separate from the mandatory court fee of $447 (may be partially waived if you are eligible for a fee waiver)
- This fee must be paid to the court
- If you are eligible for a fee waiver based on low income, you will not be required to pay the full fee (please ask us for more details)
Please note that the above legal fee pricing is for simple divorce filings with the Toronto courthouse located at 393 University Avenue. For pricing for other courthouses across Ontario, please call 647-559-3468.
Certificate of Divorce
- $120 This is optional- if you want to get married again you will require the Certificate of Divorce
- As low as $500 if you only require our firm to draft a simple clean separation agreement, with complete waivers (this does not include financial disclosure or negotiations leading up to the agreement for family law issues such as property, equalization, child support or spousal support issues)
- Additional fees apply if you require clauses relating to property, child custody, child access, spousal support, child support, the matrimonial home and etc.
- Independent Legal Advice, additional legal advice, and negotiation services relating to your family law matter, including but not limited to property, equalization, child support and/or spousal support issues are billed at the firm’s standard hourly rate
- Please call our firm for more detail on pricing related to separation agreement negotiations and legal advice
Foreign Divorce Opinion Letter
- $299 for a divorce opinion letter. Required if you were divorced outside Canada and wish to remarry in Ontario
Our vision since our inception has been to provide competent legal services while simplifying the process for our clients. In order to facilitate our mission, our firm provides a free initial consultation for eligible clients.
Our family law services range from the simple to the most contested matters. We understand that our clients are not generic and their needs vary from case to case. Different needs mean different solutions, and our fees have been structured to reflect this reality. In our experience, depending on the particular situation, individuals require one of the following three solutions:
1) Simple Divorce: A simple divorce is just what it sounds like. The parties in a divorce proceedings are only looking for a divorce and are not advancing any other claims. A simple divorce may be initiated solely by one spouse or jointly by both spouses.
2) Separation Agreement: A separation agreement is an amicable way to resolve all outstanding issues relating to your divorce matter. Negotiating a separation agreement with a family lawyer is an out of court solution to resolve your family law matter in a private manner. This is an ideal solution to protect your rights while saving you the acrimony and costs associated with the formal court process.
3) Contested Divorce: When negotiations fail it will become necessary to utilize the formal litigation process to uphold and protect your legal rights. Whether you are the main applicant or are responding to a family law claim, we can assist you.
Simple Divorce is owned and operated by a licenced family and divorce lawyer, Usman Sadiq, who handles divorce and family law matters. You may find Usman Sadiq registered as a licenced lawyer by visiting the Law Society of Upper Canada. Our firm provides a free consultation for eligible clients. Our office is committed to answering all your questions and completing your divorce in an efficient manner.