Here you will find answers to commonly asked questions. If you’re unable to find the answer to a question, feel free to call our Toronto divorce lawyer at 416-901-7992 or through the contact form on this page. Being informed of your rights and obligations is essential in making the appropriate decision during this time of your life. At Simple Divorce we put in the extra effort to make sure that our clients properly understand their rights and obligations relating to their divorce. We’re here to help you, so don’t hesitate to contact us.
• We handle divorce cases where the spouses are seeking only a divorce. We do not handle cases where additional claims are being sought, such as property division, custody, etc.
(1) Separation for 12 months
(3) Physical and/or mental cruelty
• The court may find spouses separated if they are “living separate and apart” in the same residence.
• “Living separate and apart” is a legal term that refers to how your behaviour as a married couple has changed.
• Once the court grants your divorce, it will take 31 days for the divorce to take effect.
• Please note there is no guarantee as to how long it will take the court to grant a divorce – the length of time varies depending on the court house.